Norec is a norwegian government agency that funds mutual exchanges between companies and organizations in Norway and similar companies and organizations from southern countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. The exchange develops in several stages :
- Participants are trained before they travel to their host country, “training 1”;
- They are trained a second time (monitoring and evaluation) before returning to their country of origin, “training 2”.
This training prepares participants to adapt to the new lifestyle that awaits them in their new environment, involving :
- different seminars on Global Understanding ;
- intercultural issues ;
- responsibilities and rights as a participant ;
- meeting with other participants of other projects ;
- visit of museum and downtown of Johannesburg.
For Vohitra Environnement team, it allowed to share and discover new projects, new approaches in the way of working, new cultures. Training 1 took place in Johannesburg, South Africa.