The fourth United Nations Environment Assembly stand in Nairobi from 11th to 14th march, 2019. This event was organized in order to emphasize the different themes around the Sustainable Development, especially “Innovative Solutions for Environmental Challenges and Sustainable Consumption and Production”. The establishment of conferences, lunch meetings and stands from multiple organizations and associations allowed delegates, ministers and representatives of each nation to exchange in order to share and discover innovative solutions or activities in order to match the Sustainable Development Goals.
For our part, we attended the conferences below (Sustainable Innovation Expo Panels, side events, pop-up chat), we hold WEEE Centre stand in partnership with Close The Gap and Deloitte, we visited the exhibition.
Overview of the attended conferences :
SIE Panels :
- Harnessing Big Data on the Environment for Sustainable Development ;
- Legal Empowerment : Leaving No one Behind in Decision-Making on Sustainability ;
- Working Together to Beat Plastics Pollution ;
- Playing for the Planet: How Youth and Sports can unite to deliver on the Global Goals ;
- Mobilizing Sustainable Finance for Eco-Innovation and Sustainable Consumption and Production.
- Innovative and Locally-appropriate Waste Management Solutions for a Pollution-free Planet ;
- Mining and the environment : The African framework to address impacts through innovative solutions ;
- The environmental and health impacts of energy, food and waste system ;
- Innovative approaches from governments, the private sector, and civil society to measure and reduce food waste ;
- Advancing the sustainability of chemicals throughout the life cycle.
- Elevating electrics and electronics to the forefront of circular economy – an integral and multidisciplinary approach.
For more information, visit the website.